The IMP is a world-class research institute addressing questions of molecular biology. Become one of our 250 staff members from 40 countries and enjoy a stimulating environment and outstanding conditions for a career in scientific research.
Below, you find open positions for jobs that are currently available at the IMP. If you are looking for a job, please keep in mind that the IMP is part of the Vienna BioCenter, a cluster of four research institutes, three universities and two dozen biotech companies. You find a comprehensive and frequently updated list of jobs from all members of the Vienna BioCenter at https://www.viennabiocenter.org/career/open-positions/.
Graduate Student & Postdoc positions
Benefits and working conditions
The IMP provides significant means, services and facilities to ensure that scientists can focus their time and energy on research. Assignments for research positions are limited in time, supporting a dynamic composition of the faculty and other scientists. Service staff, including those in administrative positions, enjoy a dynamic, international work environment with a strong, unifying vision – contributing to world-class research.
All staff members are entitled to a number of benefits including:
- competitive salaries;
- social insurance (full health, accident and unemployment insurance; pension scheme);
- five weeks of paid holidays per year;
- free Child Care Center (ages 0 to 6);
- subsidised cafeteria & bistro;
- free optional language courses;
- subsidised social activities (e.g. weekly social hours), sports clubs, and other activities.