Boehringer Ingelheim in cooperation with the Research Institute for Molecular Pathology (IMP) offers a position for a highly motivated cryo electron microscopist.
Boehringer Ingelheim and the IMP recently purchased a Titan Krios G4 to complete the existing cryo set-up including a Glacios and several sample preparation devices and are looking for a highly motivated electron microscopist.
The Task. The successful candidate's tasks will include
- Operation of both the Krios and Glacios for IMP and Boehringer Ingelheim samples
- Maintenance of the Krios
- Initial image processing
- Training of users identifying and establishing of new methods and approaches for the Krios
- Work on pre-competitive industry projects and basic research projects together with Boehringer Ingelheim and IMP scientists with possibility to publish results.
The Candidate. The successful candidates should be:
- Ideally hold a PhD degree in the fields of cryo electron microscopy or have at least 5 years of experience in operating a cryo electron microscope
- Experience in alignment, manual and automated data acquisition as well as data processing for single particle EM
- Experience in cryo electron tomography is highly desirable
- The position will be initially a fixed term position for 5 years, however after this period it is possible that the position is prolonged or gets permanent.
- The salary will be on postdoc level, but can be further negotiated based on experience.
The Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP) in Vienna is a basic biomedical research institute largely sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim. With over 200 scientists from 40 countries, the IMP is committed to scientific discovery of fundamental molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying complex biological phenomena. The IMP is located at the Vienna BioCenter, one of Europe’s most dynamic life science hubs with 1,850 employees from 70 countries in four research institutes, three universities and over 30 biotech companies. A special feature of this position is the close interaction with applied pharma research which will give the successful candidate valuable insights into the workflows and strategies of drug discovery. www.imp.ac.at, www.viennabiocenter.org
Application. Interested candidates should send their application (motivation letter, CV, contact details of two references) by email to david.haselbach[at]imp.ac.at. The call will be open until the position is filled.