The Gaidt lab at the Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic student to join the team as a Student Helper. This is a paid position (475 Euros per month), requiring a commitment of 10 hours per week for a minimum duration of one year. The primary responsibility will be to assist with routine genotyping of various mouse strains in our molecular laboratory.
Perform routine genotyping procedures on a weekly basis, including DNA extraction, PCR, gel electrophoresis, results interpretation, and entering results into the database.
At later stages of the job, taking material from mice.
- Reliable and accurate work ethic, organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to work at least 10 hours per week for a minimum of one year, preferably longer.
- Willingness to obtain FELASA-LAS Training (provided) to work with rodents and the ability to handle mice in later stages of the job.
- Previous work experience in molecular biology is preferred but not required.
- Preferably, applicants are currently enrolled in studies in a related field (e.g., Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics).
- Gain hands-on experience in molecular laboratory techniques.
- Work with a collaborative and supportive research team.
- Opportunity for skill development and training in FELASA-LAS certification.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate your academic schedule.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their CV, transcript of records, and a brief cover letter detailing their academic background, relevant skills, and why they are interested in this position. Please email your application to Monika Bazyl (monika.bazyl[at]imp.ac.at).
Application Deadline: December 15th 2023
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated student to our dynamic research lab!
Group webpage: https://www.imp.ac.at/groups/moritz-gaidt/