Acquired immunity to pathogens depends on the differentiation of B and T lymphocytes from hematopoietic stem cells, which is controlled by a multitude of transcription factors. We are interested in understanding the process by which transcription factors regulate the commitment of early hematopoietic progenitors to lymphoid lineages and control their subsequent differentiation to mature B and T cells. We investigate the underlying transcriptional control mechanisms by using mouse transgenic, cell biological, and genome-wide molecular approaches.
- Revilla-I-Domingo, R., Bilic, I., Vilagos, B., Tagoh, H., Ebert, A., Tamir, IM., Smeenk, L., Trupke, J., Sommer, A., Jaritz, M., Busslinger, M. (2012). The B-cell identity factor Pax5 regulates distinct transcriptional programmes in early and late B lymphopoiesis. EMBO J. 31(14):3130-46 (abstract)
- Vilagos, B., Hoffmann, M., Souabni, A., Sun, Q., Werner, B., Medvedovic, J., Bilic, I., Minnich, M., Axelsson, E., Jaritz, M., Busslinger, M. (2012). Essential role of EBF1 in the generation and function of distinct mature B cell types. J Exp Med. 209(4):775-92 (abstract)
- Ebert, A., McManus, S., Tagoh, H., Medvedovic, J., Salvagiotto, G., Novatchkova, M., Tamir, I., Sommer, A., Jaritz, M., Busslinger, M. (2011). The distal V(H) gene cluster of the Igh locus contains distinct regulatory elements with Pax5 transcription factor-dependent activity in pro-B cells. Immunity. 34(2):175-87 (abstract)
- Medvedovic, J., Ebert, A., Tagoh, H., Busslinger, M. (2011). Pax5: a master regulator of B cell development and leukemogenesis. Adv Immunol. 111:179-206 (abstract)
- Malin, S., McManus, S., Cobaleda, C., Novatchkova, M., Delogu, A., Bouillet, P., Strasser, A., Busslinger, M. (2010). Role of STAT5 in controlling cell survival and immunoglobulin gene recombination during pro-B cell development. Nat Immunol. 11(2):171-9 (abstract)